Language Arts Teaching Seminars
Seminars are available for English Language Arts teachers, grades 1-12, administrators, department chairpersons, coordinators, Title I teachers, gifted and talented teachers and curriculum specialists. Contact Us to register today.
- Writing and Reading Seminars for English/Language Arts teachers
- Writing across the Curriculum for all disciplines.
- Workshops designed to raise scores on state-mandated tests
- In-class instruction for students
- Instruction for targeted students
- Summer and / or throughout the school year seminars
- Key Note Speaker
- District in-services and comp-day instruction
- Single-day or several days available
(All seminars are available for K-12)
(All seminars can be applicable to administrators, curriculum specialists, coordinators, gifted and talented teachers, special education teachers, teachers, department chairpersons.)
(All seminars are specially designed to fit the needs of each campus.)
Ms. Ledbetter specializes in teaching seminars for State-Mandated Tests. Contact us for more information.
- Presents Seminars for STAAR Test Seminar and Extensive Materials
- COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS Seminar and Extensive Materials
(The Common Core Standards have been adopted by 46 states. Levels 6-12)
- Targets weak skill areas
- Works individually with students in classrooms
- Assesses progress and provides follow-up training
- Instructs teachers in a step-by-step approach that will strengthen problem areas
- Demonstrates dozens of activities designed to motivate students to produce their best work
Mary Ledbetter’s work is not only teacher-friendly, but classroom-proven. Her books are filled with practical strategies and techniques that can be used immediately with all students, from the struggling, reluctant writer to the more proficient writer. These are a “must-have” for every educator teaching writing.
Profession Development Director Bureau of Education & Research
Mary Ellen Ledbetter is well-known for her lessons used at the secondary level, but she has now broken new ground with her latest book. Kindergarteners through sixth graders will blossom as writers with the book "All About Me." It is full of creative and fun lessons that will enable all students, whether emergent writers or developed writers, to find success with their writings.
–Dr. Janet Coleman
Executive Director of Instructional Services, Castleberry ISD
Mary Ellen Ledbetter has worked with all levels K-12 at our district. Writing scores have improved, teachers have ready-to-use writing samples at all levels, and students and teachers alike have at their disposal new strategies not only for all facets of language arts but for lifelong learning as well. “All About Me” promises even more and it delivers! What a treasure!
Elementary Supervisor of
the Union City School District
Mary Ellen Ledbetter has transformed writing instruction for secondary teachers and now elementary teachers will have the strategies, tools and inspiration to do the same. “All About Me” is a “have-to-have” resource for language arts teachers in kindergarten-6th grade. The abundant writing samples, ideas for curriculum integration and daily activities will provide the creativity and support to develop writing proficiency in your youngest learners. Mary Ellen has hit a homerun with this one!
–Gayle Woodall, Ed.D.
Executive Director of Instruction, Barbers Hill ISD
If you survive picking up the 500-page tome, you will never regret it. Mary Ledbetter has created a personalized system of strategies for writing, reading, and mechanics that will challenge your elementary students, make them laugh, and show them what strong learners they can be.
–Erin Jones, Professor at Univ. of Arkansas